Which test do I take?

Learn about the different IELTS test types and find out which IELTS test you need to take to achieve your work, study or migration goals.

If you plan to study in higher education or seek professional registration, you can take an IELTS Academic. Or if you want to study in secondary education, work or migrate to an English-speaking country, IELTS General Training might be right for you.

Where you want to study, work or migrate to will affect which test you need to take.

Make sure you visit the relevant government or institutional websites to confirm which test you need to take, as government agencies, institutions and other recognising organisations set their own IELTS entry requirements.

Featured news and articles

See all